Scroll down for OverDrive, Freading, and OneClickDigital.
Borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows from hoopla to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. There are hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, with more being added daily. hoopla is like having your public library at your fingertips. Anytime. Anywhere.
More new content is added all the time. And, with hoopla, there are no hold lists, no extra apps or accounts needed, and no waiting for your title to buffer.
To access the system on your mobile device, you’ll need to first download the FREE Hoopladigital app from the App Store on your device. There is no need to download an app or extension for your web browser.
Browsing and borrowing made simple:
1. Easily browse titles on your computer or mobile device by clicking Browse and choosing one of the format tabs. You can also search for a specific title by clicking on the Search box and typing in your title or keyword.
2. To borrow a title, click on the titles icon and then click the Borrow button. The borrowed titles can be found under the My Titles tab for viewing/listening.
3. Then, simply enjoy your borrowed titles! And don’t worry, they’ll be automatically returned when your lending period is over.
When using Hoopla for music, did you know…?
• Hoopla allows you to borrow full music albums, as compared to simply singles
• Hoopla has a music shuffle feature—shuffle one or all of your borrowed albums
• With Hoopla, you can listen to music while simultaneously using your device for other things.
OverDrive Basics This Quick Start Guide explains what free software needs to be installed to download titles, how to activate the software, and basic information on checking out and downloading titles.
OverDrive Catalog Circulation Policies
Two items may be checked out at a time and four holds may be placed. Once the title you have placed on hold becomes available for checkout, you will receive an email indicating the title is available. You will then have three days to check out the title before it is returned to the collection.
Titles may be checked out for 7 - 14 days and cannot be returned early. They will automatically be returned at the end of the lending period. OverDrive items can not be renewed, but they can be checked out again if no other patron has a hold on the item.
Limit on Downloads
Audiobooks are split into parts, which can be downloaded individually. There is a limit of three downloads allowed for each item, per checkout, regardless of whether it is a partial or full download. If you download part one on Monday, and part two on Tuesday, the next time you download any parts, you will need to download the rest of the audiobook, or at least, as much of it as you want to listen to this checkout.
eBooks are available at Freading, a growing collection of fiction and nonfiction eBooks. Titles are always available – no waiting in line even if someone else is reading the book. Refer to their Frequently Asked Questions page for help with this service.
OneClickdigital provides access to more than 6000 audiobook titles published by Recorded Books. Most titles are always available and require no holds or waiting lists. A small number of newer titles are available as "one user per copy." Get started with these instructions.