The City of Waynesboro offers a refuse collection program available to all residents of the city. The program costs $20.00 per month (as of July 1, 2023) and includes weekly collection of one city-issued 96-gallon can.
On your regular collection day, please place your city roll-out container at your normal collection area, no later than 6 a.m. Privately owned cans will not be emptied. An occasional extra amount will be taken only if bagged, limited to one bag. If there is a need for another roll-out container, report a broken or missing container, call Utility Customer Service at 540-942-6643,Option 4, and one will be provided for an additional fee.
In case of missed pick up due to inclement weather, extra bags will be acceptable. The roll-out container should be kept closed in order to keep out water, animals, insects, and to comply with our Health and Sanitation Requirements. Please keep your container in a clean condition, and rinse out occasionally with a garden hose. Because the carts are flammable, please do not put ashes, charcoal, or any other substance that would ignite. Contents of roll-out cart must not exceed 200 pounds. If your container is damaged, stolen, or you are concerned about a missed pick-up, notify the Refuse Division at 540-942-6764.
For more information about Holiday Trash Collection please see the following link: 2023 Public Works Calendar Resource Page.
A special hazardous waste collection is held every fall in Augusta County call 540-942-6743 for details.
We Will Collect
- Bagged free-floating materials
- Styrofoam packing peanuts
- Pet waste
- Hardened latex paint (leave lid off)
- Household refuse
- Food waste
- Paper products
- Glass containers
- Lawn debris
- Shrub trimmings
- Pine needles / cones
- Grass trimmings that have been bagged
- Medical use needles and syringes sealed in plastic containers (milk jugs, liquid laundry detergent) for safe collection
We Will NOT Collect
- Appliances, Tvs and Computers will be collected by Bulk Collection.
- Commercial Construction Materials
- Car parts and tires
- Hazardous materials
- Automotive fluids
- Paint thinner
- Petroleum products and Oil
- Human waste of any kind, except bagged diapers
- Rocks or Masonry products (concrete blocks, bricks, mortar)
- Needles or syringes that are not properly contained and marked
- Construction Waste or Building Materials (lumber, drywall, adhesives, shingles, etc.)
Car batteries/lead acid, rechargeable batteries, lithium batteries and Nickel based batteries. (Augusta County Regional Landfill Accepts all batteries in a designated recycling location. Some local retailers also accept batteries for recycling)
Because the Carts are flammable, do not put hot ashes, charcoal, lit cigarettes, or any other substances that are flammable or could burn. Destruction of City Property will result in additional fines/ fees.
Contents of the roll-out cart must not exceed 190 pounds.
Loose trash on the ground.
The cart lid must be able to close and not overflowing